Monday, January 31, 2011

100 Things...

  1. I'm really possessive of my own things...
  2. and I'm sentimental about things that probably wouldn't mean anything to a 'normal' person.
  3. I've owned a brown Buick, a red Jeep, a black F150, a black Avalanche, and a blue Impala.
  4. I miss the Jeep and the Avalanche most.
  5. I think I look better with bangs...
  6. but by about mid-afternoon, having bangs hang in my face drives me CRAZY!!!!  and I must clip them back.
  7. I love to lose myself in TV shows and movies.  
  8. I also love to lose myself in books.
  9. I just finished the Hunger Games trilogy.
  10. It was AWESOME!  Expertly and exquisitely written- I couldn't put them down.
  11. I'm addicted to Diet Mountain Dew.
  12. You'd be hard-pressed to find me without one at any time, in any place.
  13. My laptop is experiencing some mental disorders... I'm pretty sure it's on it's deathbed.
  14. I've been trying to make sure I have everything off my laptop that's important... and I feel like my house is on fire and I'm deciding what to save.
  15. I love my daughter's wild, curly hair... but it's a pain in the rear to keep untangled.  (and I'm even a professional!!)
  16. I'm really, really good at composing letters.  If I need to get a strong point across- I can compose a letter or email that is strong and pointed, but still professional and not unkind.
  17. I don't really understand people who, for no other reason than they like it, live in a strictly-scheduled, rigid manner.
  18. I wrote letters to each of my children before they were actually born (toward the end of each pregnancy.)
  19. I have chronic headaches and the occasional migraine.
  20. I've always thought my mom is beautiful.
  21. I have had a love of music- particularly hip-hop and R&B- since I can ever remember.
  22. I love to dance, but I don't actually do it that often.
  23. I've always believed that my dad's job helped expose us to different places, different kinds of people and different ways people live.
  24. I've always felt grateful for that.
  25. My grandpa Wally served his mission in New Zealand and just adored not only the Maori people, but all polynesians.  Growing up we watched him- an older, balding Mormon dude, mind you- do the Haka and speak to people in languages we couldn't understand.  I've wondered if that had anything to do with my getting involved with my husband despite all our differences.
  26. I love apples- the really dark, dark red delicious ones.
  27. I hate sour things.
  28. I love taking long baths...
  29. but it seems like I only give myself permission to take baths regularly when I'm pregnant.
  30. I regret not playing sports when I was younger.
  31. I also regret not getting more involved in drama or debate.
  32. When I was young, I dreamed of being a famous actor or singer.
  33. I actually think I would have made a good lawyer.
  34. Or surgeon.
  35. I love watching surgery shows and medical documentaries.
  36. I used to do alot of scrapbooking.
  37. I learned how to braid by playing with my cousin Candisse's hair during a church meeting when I was very young.
  38. I like the way acrylic nails look on my hands, but I don't get them because it slows down my typing.
  39. I type 87 words per minute.  (Fastest on record was 92.  But who's counting?)
  40. I think it's amazing when my son does things that remind me of myself...
  41. but it also makes me nervous.
  42. I miss both my grandpas.
  43. I've never understood how they possibly could have been needed more on the other side than here with their families.
  44. Having said that, I do have faith that there was a reason and that they are doing important things and watching over us.
  45. Having said that, I often think about how much fun they'd be having right now- seeing all the great-grand-kids and watching us with our own families and seeing my brothers accomplish all they are.
  46. My kids have never stayed with a babysitter- (not counting my mom taking care of Peli when he was a baby and I was working while Suka was in school.)
  47. I know that some people might think that's weird... but each year, we've had different reasons for it.
  48. It drives me crazy that my husband loses everything.  ...wallet, keys, phone... 
  49. It drives me more crazy that my efforts to help- giving him a bowl, a hook, a shelf- don't help in the least.
  50. I feel bad that my husband's parents passed away.
  51. I wish I could have known them.
  52. I'm completely aware of how stubborn I am, and I wouldn't change it.
  53. But I'm also aware it gets me into trouble.
  54. I've only run a car out of gas one time in my life- and it was on my way to Bear Lake.  We'd made it to the top of the mountain, and were actually able to cruise alllll the way down to the Chevron at the bottom.  
  55. I still can't believe we made it.
  56. I still remember how hard it was to steer without power steering on!
  57. I would have hated being a pioneer.
  58. I've been working hard on my genealogy for a year now.
  59. I'm absolutely stunned at the stories, photos, names and history I've been able to find.  'Genealogy' always sounded so boring to me... but it has been soooo addicting.
  60. It has also brought me closer with my Grandma Wonderful.  She has helped me so much with our family history.  She has encouraged me, told me things I'd never have known otherwise, given me boxes full of documents and such...  it's been a blessing to spend more time with her.
  61. It's been terrible to feel like I'm losing my other grandma.  I miss her very much, even though she's still here.
  62. There have been a few times I've hated being so tall...
  63. but now I love it.
  64. I also love tall shoes (especially wedges).
  65. I take criticism too seriously... it stays with me and it lingers on my mind for days and days.
  66. I'm in awe of how kind and thoughtful people can be.
  67. Once I'd left my job to stay home full-time, I had the time to remember how much I enjoy cooking.
  68. Last month, I finally combined and typed up all my and my family's recipes and compiled them into a book.
  69. The week of Christmas, I started a new part-time job.
  70. I wear gigantic earrings.  I love them.
  71. I know that my husband prefers smaller, daintier earrings.  
  72. I love night-time.  I'm totally a night person...
  73. even though currently, with my two little darlings up around 6 or 7, it seems more and more difficult to stay up...
  74. I genuinely think my dad is truly funny.
  75. I've wondered if his own confidence is why my brothers and I have self-confidence.
  76. My dad and my brother Lance have an amazing ability to talk to anyone as if they were their best friends...
  77. I envy that.
  78. I think it's weird how different my relationships with each of my brothers is.
  79. I used to want a sister soooooooo badly, but there was a point when I came to terms with the fact that I'd never have one.
  80. I have two cousins who together, when we were young, the three of us used to be the only girls in a huge family of boy cousins.  
  81. They are my sisters, and have loved me and supported me unconditionally my whole life.
  82. I love potato chips, even though I know that's not a good thing.
  83. I adore my children's personalities.
  84. I've wondered why Max & Ruby don't have parents.  And why Dora's allowed to go off into the mountains and rivers and forest without supervision.
  85. Modern Family is the only show that makes me laugh- out loud- every single time I watch it.
  86. I vacuum the floor every day...
  87. but I assure you there's nothing else cleaning-related that I'm that obsessed with.
  88. I still have all my Barbies and Barbie stuff from when I was little...
  89. I haven't looked at most of it for years, but I'm looking forward to getting out sometime with Raini.
  90. I always carry a fairly large purse, and I've often referred to my purses as "The Bag of Life."
  91. I've joked that I could live off it's contents for a good week if I had to.
  92. I really believe that's probably about right.
  93. As someone who petitioned for my husband's permanent residency in this country, and spent hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars working to attain his residency (green card), I have my own reasons for thinking it would be so unfair if the government gave a bunch of people a free pass.
  94. When I was younger, I was always hot.  Now I seem to always be cold.
  95. As a child, the pretend name I always used when playing was Stephanie.
  96. I almost got to go to France in Junior High... but the trip was cancelled at the last minute.
  97. I love playing Wii Play and Wii Sports.
  98. I could read trashy celebrity magazines for hours!  And I check out TMZ just about every day.
  99. I like wearing lipstick and lip gloss, but I HATE reapplying when lipstick wears off, and I cant' stand it when my hair sticks to my lip gloss- so I don't really wear it that much.
  100. I can't believe it's 2011.  Probably 'cuz I remember thinking that the year 2000 was waaaay off in the future and that by then, we'd be driving around in hovercrafts and wearing silver spacesuits.  I'm glad we're still just wearing jeans and drinking Diet Mountain Dew. ;)

2 comments:

Joe and Marci said...

101. You're really gorgeous. 102. People (me) cheer when we notice that you've posted on your blog. Cool list...I just finished Mockingjay yesterday....loved all the books!!

Sue said...

kay...haven't been around the blogging world much lately, cause I'm living a fulfilled life (who am I kidding?)

so, much to my delight I loved reading this list...There are so many that we are the same in.

How fun for you to read in years to come.

Just curious about the cook book!!! hello, have you posted all these to the family cookbook?

I may have to come up with a list of my own..