Thursday, March 19, 2009

Marry for Money ?

I just read that a recent survey found that
74% of Women in their Thirties
said they would
Marry for Money, if the man had $1.1 million.
-
What?!?!
-
I know that our society has gotten more and more greedy and money-hungry,
and less and less value-driven and genuine,
but still, This. Shocked. Me.
-
Don't get me wrong... I'm not so naive to be blind to the fact that there are
women out there who would really have no problem marrying for money,
or for other reasons besides love and family...
but Three out of Four !!??
-
It's true that in our world, money makes certain things easier,
takes certain worries away, and allows certain freedoms...
but would I trade that for being married to
Someone I can trust to be home at night?
Someone who wants the same things I do?
Someone who is kind and a good father?
Someone who can- and will- give me a blessing if I need one?
...I don't think so!!
-
I'll get off my soapbox now.
I just wanted to say that I'm gonna keep believing that people
are generally smarter than these 'results' show.

3 comments:

Joe and Marci said...

I am shocked and appalled too.....
maybe $10 million, but not a penny less.
Seriously, I am so glad I have Joe!! I totally agree with you that the most important things do not include money at all.

Devri said...

I am not shocked.. but I did not marry for money obviously......

I married to have half brown babies.

Woman, get your prioritys straight!!!

lol

The Memea family said...

1.1 Million?! What are they thinking? That is not nearly enough! hehe! Common Sense has just flown out the window! I guess women think that if they have the money then their life will be a happy little fairy tale! Boy, are they in for a big surprise!