-
Day 1- Favorite Song: There is no way on earth I could answer this with one song. I am a true lover of music, and my 'faves' run the gamet from Eminem to Carrie Underwood to Adele to Gaga to movie soundtracks... There's just no way to narrow that down.
-
Day 2- Favorite Movie: My go-to answer to this question has long been The Last of the Mohicans. There are so many awesome things about that show. I do love all the fast-paced, adrenaline-packed action flicks. And funny, girl-dramady shows like Ya-Ya Sisterhood...
-
Day 3- Favorite Television Show: Again, need some serious honing down. In the summer: The Closer, Burn Notice, Rizzoli and Isles. My super-new FAVE is Suits- it rocks!- if you haven't seen it- watch it now! During the regular season, I love House, NCIS and NCIS LA, Mentalist, and last year I got into Body of Proof... I also thoroughly enjoy random cheesy reality shows ;)
-
Day 4- Favorite Book: I was very intrigued and blown away with the book "House Rules" by Jodi Picoult. I also loved Lincoln Lawyer and other Michael Connelly books. There's a Hollywood Beauty Secrets book I actually use the tips from. But I'd probably have to say I was completely enthralled and entertained with The Hunger Games- could not put it down!
-
Day 5- Favorite Quote: "There is no chance, no destiny, no fate, that can circumvent or hinder or control the firm resolve of a determined soul." --This was on the wall of my A Capella teacher's classroom, and I've never forgotten it.
-
Day 6- Most Treasured Item: Photos, scrapbooks, family history files.
-
Day 7- A Photo That Makes You Happy: Photo-booth pics of me, Suka and the kids- random, funny moments. I also love Peli's polynesian portraits from when he was one year old. And I'm addicted to taking random shots of the kids all the time. Candid moments.
-
Day 8- Something You Hate: Being hot and sweaty. And, in general, disrespect and un-appreciation.
-
Day 9- Something That Makes Your Life Easier: the INTERNET! yay!! And right now, my bike and bike trailer- it's our transpo to kindergarten, and it's awesome. And may I say Air Conditioning?!
-
Day 10- A Photo Taken Over 10 Years Ago of You:
and a current one:
(my hair's a bit lighter than this, of course,
cuz it changes about ever 4.5 weeks ;)
Day 11- Favorite Band/Artist: Someone who seems to do it all right (singing, songs, dance, videos) is Beyonce, ya know?? Love her. I always adored Boyz II Men, and I do love Eminem too.
-
Day 12- Something you are OCD about: Keeping track of my purse/keys/cellphone. And vacuuming my family room every day.
-
Day 13- Something or Someone that has had a huge impact on your life: All my family- Parents, G-parents, brothers, cousins, aunts and uncles. Outside of family, there are so many other people that come to mind- teachers, friends. I'm someone who genuinely is affected by pretty much every one I am in contact with. For 'something,' I'd have to say Music. And football, growing up with all boys ;)
-
Day 14- Somewhere You’d Love to Travel: For somewhere I've already been: Hawaii, and Fiji! For somewhere I've not been: Italy, France...
-
Day 15- Describe Your Dream Home or show us a picture: A medium-sized home with big windows and large, open spaces inside. A nice, big bathtub. And a big, HUGE porch!
-
Day 16- Who Do You Do the Most Crazy Things With OR What is the Most Crazy Thing You’ve Done? I shouldn't rat out the guilty ;) , but one crazy thing I did was lay on the top of a station wagon while it was being driven (!!). Stupid. Another 'crazy' thing was flying to Hawaii for ten days on vacay- Alone!!
-
Day 17- Your Biggest Insecurity: My biggest insecurity is usually the shape I'm in (as well as some of the effects of my surgery).
Something About Yourself You Are Proud Of: My self-confidence and ability to be self-reliant.
-
Day 18- Wedding Talk (share stories, photos, both, anything having to do with your wedding, the one you had or the one you dream of): My wedding reception was exactly what I wanted it to be. My goal from the very beginning was two things: I wanted people to eat, and I wanted a more casual environment- music, chill, fun... and no 'line.'
We did an awesome job at not spending much money. We had dinner, dancing, music... everyone just hung out and chatted and ate and it was just a casual, happy evening. My bridesmaids wore sarongs and flip-flops (I wore flip-flops as well!). We had a real-size poster of Dallas in his groomsman get-up from his mission. His not being there is the only thing I felt bad about that day! Oh, and that Dad got sick. He was very ill at the temple and we didn't think he'd make it to the reception, but he did!
Our friends who helped us with the food surprised us with a full PCC-type show with dances from all the islands, including costumes and everything! It was awesome. I remember feeling relaxed and just laughing and talking with friends and family.
The temple sealing was beautiful. One specific thing I remember about it was right after the official sealing had finished, he told us that he felt prompted to tell us that there were spirits all around the room visiting from the other side. Then he said, 'Specifically, parents.' This meant alot to Suka and me, as Suka's parents have both passed. That was a special moment.
-
Day 19- A talent/hobby of yours: Scrapbooking, blogging, cooking and recipes, family history.
-
Day 20- Something you wished you could forget: I think there are always people in our past who caused feelings that we wished we could forget, right?
-
Day 21- A recipe you love: Oh no. Over the last 4 years, I've collected a million recipes! I've spent alot of time cooking, trying new things, adjusting old things... I've put together a wonderful recipe book and we also post our faves on our Nielsen family recipe blog. One of my fave recipes is mom's Sombrero Dip we have during Superbowl time!
-
Day 22- Some of Your Favorite Websites: Pinterest, Facebook, StumbleUpon, several blogs I stalk, TMZ (for celebrity gossip, of course!)... and I've also been playing alot of Words With Friends lately!
-
Day 23- Something you love to watch on youtube (or better yet a youtube video of yourself): I just adore the classic Evolution of Dance. CanNOT watch it without laughing. Can NOT.
Day 24- Where You Live? Tell us or show us about where you live. I live in a small city outside of Hurricane, UT- about 15 mins from St. George. It is HOT! But I really have loved the people, our ward, Peli's school... it's a lovely place to live. I'm just looking forward to the under-100-degree days!
-
Day 25- Who is/are your best friends? My mom, my kids, Cand and Shell.
-
Day 26- Favorite clothing store. Don't think I have one. There's a website I love to buy from cuz it's easy, casual stuff for great prices.
-
Day 27- Worst Habit: Getting anxious, stressed and upset too easily... I'm sensitive.
-
Day 28- What’s in your purse, backpack or computer bag? Wallet, phone, keys, mini first aid kit w/ tweezers, nail clippers, neosporin and bandaids, mini bag w/ lotion, nail file, bobby pin, medicines, life savers, camera, lipstick, crayons... (I have one of those bags you could probably live out of for a week!)
-
Day 29- Who has gotten you through the most? my mom
-
Day 30- A dream for the future beyond the next year…think long term: To be a bit more secure financially, for Suka to begin working towards his Master's.
-
---Some of these were hard!! What are your answers?

1 comment:
Day 25: Vanessa, your long lost cousin.
Post a Comment