Friday, July 1, 2011

Our Sweet Bronx

Our dog Bronx passed away this week.
-
For not being 'pet people,' we sure adored him,
and he was most certainly one of the family.
-
Standing Guard...
-
-
Festive for Peli's one-year-old luau (poor Bronx!)
-
His fave patio chair
-
-
the "Do not bother me" look
-
the "Could you get me a treat right now?" look
-
the "Hiding from the children" spot
-
the "Hiding from the children but do NOT take pictures of me" look
-
Lounging on the kids' couch with Grandpa's blankie...
-
Busted!
-
One of the things I'm saddest about is that my little Raini has just
worshipped Bronx since the day she was born.
She has always let him lick her however many times he wanted,
she has kissed him right back,
she wants to hold his paw at all times,
she tried to horseback ride him a time or two,
and she followed him everywhere.
She calls him "Bon," and I'm a bit sad that she won't remember him better.
-
-
-
-
-
-
We are so grateful to have had and loved Bronx,
and to have been on the receiving end of his love and companionship.
We certainly miss him.
Looking forward to seeing him again...

4 comments:

Joe and Marci said...

That last picture could win an award...priceless!

Brandon and Katie said...

I'm sorry for your loss!!! Pets really do become part of the family! Sad that they have to leave us so soon.

Michael and Natalia said...

I'm sorry, Brittany.

Sue said...

What an amazing story you have of Bronx and how he was able to live longer. Not many pet owners get that little hint that their time is close.
I loved your dog too. I know Leslie really loved him.

kay----it's been a week since you posted. Don't make me come down there.