On a Thursday, Suka was offered a job, which is awesome!
The next day, we drove down to try to find a place to live,
which was fast and overwhelming.
Here are the kidz in our hotel room, which was sa-weet
cuz it had a fridge and microwave.
-
The very first place we looked at was a gorgeous duplex,
which we loved- except that there was no grass, no playground...
just not alot of space! I wondered where the kids would play.
-
By early afternoon, we got an email from Suzi and a text from Aisake's
wife Melinda- about the same house! We drove up and found this gem:
-
The guy wasn't able to meet us, so as crazy as it sounds,
we didn't actually go inside... but we wanted it bad!
It's a darling lil house, right next to a park and a grocery store-
it was The One.
-
Later, we had an hour to kill, so we stopped at The Walmart.
I came across this and wondered if they carry this doll
at every Walmart ...
-
Raini had a much better drive home than drive down...
which was fan-freaking-tastic...
-
Rain's and her baby, on the way to church-
her last in our Provo ward...
-
-
Yes, she does think she owns the place.
And by 'place,' I mean the Universe...
-
Sharae found Peli's Optimus Prime mask...
-
-
And less than one week later... it was moving day!
I don't have many pix of that day of course... but we were so
grateful for all the help we received- from the Elders Quorum,
from Chris for his trailer-lending, and from my brothers and their
families for all their time and help and sweat... and tire-changing abilities...
-
Raini pulled her chair up to this endtable,
set her drink on the table, and threw me this smile:
-
So far, the kids are loving the outside- the weather has been awesome,
our front yard is spacious and cool and shady...
-
We spend alot of time out here
-
Yes, Rain still hates wearing shirts... so I guess it's just a good thing
that the weather is allowing it now...
-
-
On the drive up the mountain, I was stunned to find this:
There's this big Trading Post store- lots of Indian crafts and jewelry,
cowboy games and toys... and outside it there is a petting farm and
this little cowboy city! Tell me that's not awesome...
-
Peli saw this cactus and said, "That's the cactus Lightning
McQueen fell into, remember?! And Mater had to pull him out!"
-
Well... that's it for now I suppose...
We're still unpacking boxes, hanging stuff on the walls...
Peli sure misses his grandma and his friends, and Raini keeps
saying, "Ess Gimma?" (Where's Gramma?) so cute.
I've been emotional off and on, too,
but we do love our house, we have some awesome neighbors,
Peli has found a lil friend...
So on we go!




















3 comments:
We are moving to St. George in a month! We'll have to get together FOR SURE!!! Like automatic BFF's!
Cowboy city? How cool is that. Your lucky to have warm weather. We had over 8 inches of snow yesterday.
I'm so ready for some nice weather.
Kay.. Now that you have quit your job and have moved, does this mean you'll be back to Commenting soon?
hurricane? Ivins? Bloomington? Santa Clara? Which one? LOL keep my email and phone number. We'll be down there early June. allisonlovespink77@gmail.com
435-760-3918
Post a Comment