Friday, November 5, 2010

differences.

Have you ever noticed [or thought about] how each family has
little differences about them?  There are 'little' things that make our
own families so different from others'.  The way you talk, the way you
tease or relate to each other, the way you work, the way you... eat?
Perfect example:
This morning my dad didn't have to go in to work early,
so we were cooking a big, homemade breakfast-
For us, this included some homemade
hash browns (dad's specialty), and bacon...
-
While we were cooking, Peli's friend who lives next door comes
over and tells us that he had cereal for breakfast.  I asked him what
his favorite cereal was (you know, expecting "Fruit Loops" or
"Cookie Crisp")...  He said, "Our cereal is always granola."
I said, "Oh, was it yummy?" and he excitedly replied,
"Oh yeah, and today I got extra dates in mine."
-
I'm 33.  I don't think I've ever eaten a date in my life.
Or had granola for breakfast.

2 comments:

Allison said...

granola is YUMMY! But I'll admit that bacon and hash browns sure looked good!

Joe and Marci said...

Brittany, tell me about it. I've never had a sister like you, and I'm 33....just remind the brothers.