Monday, October 4, 2010

And Speaking Of...

Have you tried these?
I had tried them many moons ago...
and they were really yummy...
a pretzel with just a touch of a sweet taste-
BUT THEN when Raini first started teething and I was
desperately walking grocery store aisles looking
for anything that she could- and would- chew on without
needing the Heimlich Maneuver,
I saw them again.
And OMG(osh), I must've forgotten how DE-frickin-LISH
they were!!  SCORE.  Plus, the kiddies don't choke on 'em.
DOUBLE SCORE.
They are now one of our fam's fave's.
-
I was thinking just now- try saying "fam's fave's" five times.
-
Speaking of Fam's Faves:
Another of our fam's (kids) fave's are these:
because  1) they are yum,
2) they are non-Heimlich,
3) they are easy to eat and easy to pack in my purse ;)
---
And Speaking of Packing,
it's been almost a month since we moved and there are still boxes sitting
in the hallway.  Boxes of things I know I really really need...
but apparently haven't 'needed' yet.  Anyone else do that?
I'll just chalk it up to the fact that besides church, I haven't really
gotten dressed up or put jewelry on or used all my makeup since
we moved in.  (Some of that was a joke.  allegedly.)
---
And Speaking of Dressing Up,
I found the cutest little witch hat headband at The WalMart.
That shall be fun for me on Halloween.
Peli will be Iron Man.  or Rhodey.  or Wolverine...
I'll keep ya posted on that one, cuz we're a little undecided-
Raini was almost gonna be a pastel elephant (so cute!) but
instead will be a cow.  Typing that doesn't sound cute.
It is cute.
---
And Speaking of Cute, Raini's first pigtails were 'installed' on Saturday.
I had some 'pain-free' and 'damage-free' bands, so I cowboy-ed up,
got a brush, a comb, some detangling spray... and went at it.
She has a giant Poof of 'Fro, but it is pretty soft, and [so far] she's
got a tough little head, so it wasn't too bad.
Keep in mind I am a professional hairdresser (and have been for
15 years or somethin')- but that did NOT give me any kind of advantage
when it came to the one-year-old's afro-puff.  just sayin.

-
The first piggies were set low behind her ears... then from the
front it looked like she was 5 months old again with no hair ;)

-
-
I changed them up to high up on her head, which were so cute,
with little curly-Q's falling out the bottom.  I kind of got the Mommy
feeling of "Oh she's just getting so big" while I was watching her sit there
with her pigtails.. I was sentimental for about three seconds 'til I had
visions of piercings and driving permits dancing in my head.
Whatever.
Suka can handle all that.  Right?
Sentimental Moment Gone.



---
And Speaking of Moments- Bronx The Dog was apparently having one too.
He was giving me 'the look' from his post at the front door.
He was watching me do the pigtails and just stared at me like I was
lame and boring him to death.  He was like, "Really? 
Pigtails?  Are you kidding?  Dumb humans- why wouldn't they just come
lie here on the porch with me, Duh."

---
And Speaking of Duh, I posted a few pix of Sharae last week,
but forgot to mention it was her FIRST frikkin' BIRTHDAY!!
We were sad that we didn't get to spend it with her,
but we are so happy she is part of our family... and that
she's keeping Dallas' feet planted firmly on the ground-
palm-prints on his TV and all...
---
And Speaking of TV-
Who is watching some of the new shows?!?!
There are a few I'm still 'testing' out...
but there are a few that I am LOVING so far!
Chase
 (US Marshalls in Texas huntin' down bad guys. 
Whilst wearing cool riding boots..)
-
Detroit 187
(Tough Detroit homicide detectives solve crimes.
Whilst having bad attitudes.)
-
Blue Bloods
(A family of cops- and a DA- dealing with crime, punishment and
politics in the Big Apple.  Whilst holding firm to their family ties.)
---
There are a few I'm still deciding on-
like Undercovers, Law & Order LA, etc.
---
and of course there are the Staples:
NCIS
NCIS LA
The Mentalist
(what?  you think i'm watching too much tv?  i am.)
---
But Speaking of Time-Wasting- I just got my
extra, not-yet-put-away boxes of stuff  PUT.  AWAY.
yay.

2 comments:

Joe and Marci said...

I love these posts. They make me feel like I have to read them really fast without taking a breath, like one big long sentence. And I think I'll try those pretzels. And I think I love Raini's pigtails!!

Vanessa said...

Have you tried the Wheat Thins honey wheat sticks? They are yummy too. I love the Rold Gold, but Wheat Thins are my new fave.

I love Afro Puffs. My kids had them too. I just wish Vivi would let me do cute things w/her hair. She only every wants a pony tail.

I have Blue Bloods set to record. Will I love Donnie W. as a cop just as much as I love him as NKOTB?

And as if this comment couldn't get any longer...I heard your dad on the radio yesterday (I was forced to listen while riding w/my husband) and all I could picture as I was listening to him talk was the picture of him and your mom asleep on the bed w/Peli. Is that creepy?