
My Little Baby Girl
It’s two AM, they’re all asleep
No one’s here to see
As we rock steadily back and forth,
My baby girl and me.
-
Her tiny hand is feather light,
Tucked up against my chin.
I hold her little hand in mine,
And stroke her baby skin.
-
The house about us creaks and groans,
The clock hands creep around.
She snuggles closer to me still,
And makes her little sounds.
-
I love those silent hours so much,
And hold onto every one.
Store many memories in my heart,
For lonely nights to come.
-
All to soon, she’ll be grown up,
Her need for mommy gone.
Until then, I still have time,
For kisses and for songs.
-
Time for quiet hours like this,
With her cuddled in my arms.
Where I wish she’d always stay
Protected, safe and warm.
-
In this moment she’s mine to love
With no one here to see.
As we rock steadily back and forth,
My baby girl and me.
-
--adapted from EmilyAnne
6 comments:
Oh, this poem melts my heart! I always have a hard time with the fact that teeny babies aren't teeny for very long. I can practically smell my new babies as I read this, thanks for sharing...
That is SO sweet! Love it! It ALMOST makes me want another baby :)
And I got to meet Peli tonight at the wedding...he is ADORABLE. He and Mallina played a little after he warmed up to us. And for some reason Mallina loved Suka, she wouldn't stop talking to him! Hopefully we well get to see all of you sometime!
That is beautiful
Hope I'm awake enough to enjoy time with like that with my little boy :) Cute photos...
Your little family is beautiful. I love reading your blog. You guys are such a happy family.
HA HA! I love all of the sleeping pix, they are hillarious! Your kids are sooo dang cute! Tell the sis/cuz that got in the car wreck I hope she's doing well! That bites!
Post a Comment