Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Homegirl Needs Her Space

The last few weeks, I've been feeling some little baby movements, which is always cool. They've just been those little "blips" here and there.
-
Well, last night Peli (my 42-pound 2-year-old) had fallen asleep and I was holding him. After a few minutes, he was basically lying across my lap (and my belly). I thought nothing of it until all of a sudden I started feeling Twisting-Butterfly-Flying-Calf-Roundhouse-Heel-Kicks coming from the belly aimed at the 42-pound 2-year-old!
-
They were so fast, and in so many directions... my only thought was... "And it has begun." Was this our first "Mommy he hit me!!" moment? I like to think so.
I also like to think that my little 21-week-old girlie fetus was looking' a little like this:

2 comments:

Brousseau Family said...

Oh my gosh - I have the same problem. Gray is 3 and still insists on sitting on my lap ALL of the time. It's during those moments that Emma kicks the most. She's definitely trying to claim her territory. It's nice to know it's not just me!

Jessica Wilcox said...

HILARIOUS! Oh my gosh.. you have the greatest way of intimating your feelings/thoughts.. etc.. I'm so excited for you, I don't think I told you that yet..