Sunday, December 21, 2008

Hell Froze Over

THIS IS NOT A JOKE. I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP.
-
So, as some of you probably guessed, I was out of town most of last week, down in Vegas for the Bowl Game. And, as some of you may have heard, Las Vegas was hit with the ... wait for it ... "THE BIGGEST SNOWSTORM IN IT'S HISTORY."
-
Yes, the first couple of days we were there, it snowed some. A little. Very little. The snow did not stick to the ground. The grass, streets, etc. were all still completely visible. IT. WAS. NOTHING. So you can imagine our shock (and huge chuckle) when we were watching the nightly news and found out ... Wait For It Again ... 1. The schools were going to be closed the next day for a "Snow Day", 2. The freeway (yes, I-15) was closed in both directions, and 3. The airport had completely shut down and cancelled all flights due to the snow and ice.
-
Now, here's where you're gonna really get a laugh- here are the photos (from a national newspaper) of the Hugest-Most-Gigantic-Disaster-of-a-Snow-Storm that hit Las Vegas last week:

I'm just glad we survived.

9 comments:

Allison said...

Thats hilarious!!!

Vanessa said...

Wow! It's a miracle you made it out alive!

Sue said...

Wait..I'm wiping my tears..

seriously we were in Chicago with 9 degree weather..

That is soo funny..But for them I guess it was scary..Did you get to see robyn and Ryan?

glad you got home safe..

Anonymous said...

Glad you got home safely. I have been to Vegas once in January when it snowed on us, it was a very strange thing!

Wes and Danielle said...

That is hilarious. We heard it on the news up here. How are you guys doing. We are doing great. I think I need your e-mail so I can put you on our blog. Let me know.

Druava Family said...

Joape and I laugh about that almost everyday. It is the exact same here in St George. People drive 5mph and there is no snow on the road. Schools close for 1/2 an inch because we don't have snow plows to clear the road. If these people went to Salt Lake and saw a real snow storm they would laugh too.

Catherine said...

that happened to me driving home to cali from utah last week. I was trapped in my car for 3 hours on the las vegas freeway because they closed down the entire highway while we were on it. RIDICULOUS. learn to drive in the snow. c'mon people!!!!

Catherine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mary said...

LOL!! O KAY KAY KAY. i saw that news night too. i was cracking up. i was standing in line at the hotel and there was this lady from china there and her flight had been delayed because of the "storm". she goes, 'in china this is very small storm. here, they cancel all flights. i don't understand'. amen girlfren.