
- College admissions recruiters are checking Facebook and other online profiles when trying to decide between prospective students.
- I don't like Ginger Ale. (yes, I'm 31, and I never knew that before)
- There are physical reasons for "Mommy Brain"! Dr. Oz explains that a growing baby sucks most of the Omega-3 fatty acids from mommy's brain (which consists of a lot of such fats), causing some forgetfulness and difficulty with some brain processes (y'all know what I'm talkin about). He also said that during pregnancy, your brain shrinks by 8% (what?!?!) but that after delivery, it returns to normal size and actually becomes MORE POWERFUL than it was before conception!
- Many BYU fans feel justified complaining about a 20 point WIN.
- OJ is off to jail! I'm happy about that.
- My son doesn't believe me that a "Rhino" is an animal, now that he's been for rides on our family's "Rhino" which is a red, jeep-like ATV.
- A recent study found that SIDS deaths in babies can be reduced by as much as 70% by using a fan to circulate the air in the room.
And finally, a couple of things I learned that were G.R.E.A.T.:
- Some people are just nice. They will help you for no special reason. They will take time to do something that will change your life for the better... just because.
- Heath Ledger's family, after months of closed-door meetings, decided to give Heath's entire 20 million dollar estate to his daughter Matilda. Heath's only will was written before she was born, thus leaving his estate to his parents and sisters. With all the greed and selfishness in the world, I was surprised and quite taken with their decision. I learned of this about a week ago, and it's been on my mind ever since. Good People, Right Decision.
5 comments:
I didn't see Dr. Oz, but I'm glad you told me about that. Now I have scientific evidence that I'm losing it.
By the way, I love that Grandma poem. It made me cry.
Glad to know that I'm three times smarter than when I started having kids. I don't feel that way sometimes!
yay, ledgers. i really like them.
Hey brit, it was so good to hear from you! It was such a surprise. It made my day. Your little guy is so cute. His picture in your header is amazing!! It sounds like you are doing great which I'm glad to hear. I'm excited to be able to keep in touch.
About the Dr. Oz thing, my brain hasn't come back! And after 4 kids I think it's about gone. What happened?
So neat about the Ledgers. I hadn't heard that. What great people. It gives me the chills.
I was out getting vit. and prescriptions yesterday...
funny thing: A lady was in there talking about omega-3 fatty acids and how it cured her cancer..
So now I learn it's good for mommy and granny brains and it helps with cancer..good to know..
I have to jump on the "I'm so glad it happened wagon".. O.J. is where I believe he should be--forever.
Baby's stop breathing and so do adults..We have found when we turn our little fan on Mark he sleeps better.
Who's blog is this anyway? once again lets wrap it up..(but my omegas were working, I kept remembering more to say..Whatev
love ya Britt
Post a Comment