Thursday, October 30, 2008

Candy Corn Day

Did you know that today, October 30, is officially Candy Corn Day !!
  • A cup of Candy Corn has fewer calories than a cup of raisins
  • More than 35 million pounds of Candy Corn is produced each year
  • Halloween accounts for 75% of Candy Corn production
  • The recipe for Candy Corn has not changed since it's invention in the 1880s

There are other types of Candy Corn besides the "normal" kind:

  • Reindeer corn for Christmas (red, green, and white)
  • Indian corn (it's chocolate and vanilla flavored)
  • Cupid corn for Valentine's Day (red, pink, and white)
  • Bunny corn for Easter (pastel-colored)

There is a plant called the "Candy Corn Plant" because it's blooms look like Candy Corn:

This was made by sticking Candy Corns onto a pumpkin:
You could always dress up as a Candy Corn: (kinda Go-Go style!)
And sorry, this grossed me out, but it's interesting! Target carries Candy Corn Flavored Soda from Jones Soda. SERIOUSLY?!?! [I also heard sometimes at Thanksgiving time they release a "Turkey" flavored soda...]

If you're uber-domestic, you can also make your very own homemade Candy Corns:
Of course, I am in no way that domestic. [Nor do I love Candy Corns so much that I would devote this kind of time and effort to making my own]... But if you are, or you do, find the recipe HERE.
---
So, if you were just sitting there feeling like you needed something to celebrate, there you go!
Happy Candy Corn Day!

2 comments:

Sue said...

k--where do you find these things out?

I like to look at candy corn...but eating it not so much!!

also I noticed you got rid of word verification..I luv that..I'm afraid to change it..Have you had any problems with weirdo's?

Joe and Marci said...

Koko will be thrilled to share her birthday with such a neat-o candy. :)