Saturday, August 30, 2008

And Now: A "Wow! That Must Really Hurt!" Moment...

This is me. This is my eye. But that is NOT purple eyeshadow... I know it looks small and like nothing, but you know when you're holding your toddler and their head somehow hits your head and it hurts like a mutha? Well, a couple nights ago, Peli hit the back of his head right against my eyesocket bone and it was like IMMEDIATE TEARS. You know what I'm talkin' about. It was, as my mom calls it, "THE UGLY CRY" when you're crying so hard that your face is all scrunched up and it's not a pretty sight. Once I reclaimed by composure, I wondered how swollen and hideous the eye-bruise would be the next day...

--NEXT DAY: Nothin! No bruise, no swelling, no physical sign of the injury I had endured.

--But the day after that, I had this animal-of-a-bruise! I know, I know, You. Are. Impressed. You are wondering how I coped. You are wondering how you've known me so long and never knew the inner strength and fortitude of Brittany. Well, now you know. I'm a Bad Mamma-Jamma.


===

Here we have the Having-A-Hard-Time-Adjusting-To-The-New-House child. Rrriigghhtt...
This kid has been moved away from the only house he knew, away from his Grandma and full-time caretaker, away from his uncles and aunts... into a new house in a new place with a new schedule and with mommy home 24/7... and he has not skipped a beat! He has slept fine (in fact, better than at our old house), eaten fine, and he now loves baths (which he used to despise...). So, I don't really get it, I'm sure not gonna question it! [He does ask often for Grandma or Grandpa or Grandma's house, and for Matt and "Dah-Yas" (dallas). That's the hard part about being away- for him and for me! But we're not even gonna go there right now!]
Could he BE any more relaxed??!!
===
And here he is again, devouring some mac n cheese! He adores this couch, by the way! I got it at the Wal-Mart, and if you have toddlers you need one! I even got another one for my mom's house cuz he loves it so much. (It even folds out like a bed! And the cover can be removed and thrown in the washer... a great purchase!)






No comments: