Several weeks ago, I saw the recipe post for this simple corn salad.
It sounded yum... it looked yum...
but I didn't make it...
til yesterday.
A friend brought over a bag full of fresh tomatoes from the garden,
and the lightbulb literally went on above my head.
To save time (and a trip to the store for corn on the cob),
I did end up using canned corn (which has salt, so don't add
extra salt til you taste it first).
-
OH. MY. GOSH.
sooooo yum. I ate one spoon and yelled Oh My Gosh so loud that
the food almost came tumbling out... not attractive.
I shoved some in my mom's face and she did the same thing.
It is delish.
Here's what I did:
-
about 3 c. corn kernels
about 5 small tomatoes, diced
1 c. bleu cheese crumbles
a small palmful of chopped chives
-
That's it!
You can play with the ingredients and the amounts,
you can use feta instead of bleu, and exchange herbs...
Holy Yum.
3 comments:
You are talking my food language!!
I'm so doing this..Isn't this like your first recipe ever?
do, do again♥
Marci thought we should start a family recipe blog...
If you create it, I'll start posting all my favorite recipes..Wouldn't that be fun?
we could all be contributors..
Just a thought..Cause you don't have enough blogs...
Yes! I vote for a recipe blog! I just want you to know that we're gonna have your yummy salad for lunch today.
I would make mine without the bleu cheese, but it sounds so yummy.
Post a Comment