Thursday, January 21, 2010

having two kids.

Having two kids was a little overwhelming at first.
(i know those of you with more than two are rolling your eyes right now!)
Having two kids has been stressful at times.
Having two kids has meant non-stop telling peli to
"Stop Taking Her Toys Away!"
Having two kids means double the sick,
double the poop,
double the crying,
double the costs,
double the worries...

BUT
Having two kids has also been sweet,
like when Peli was hugging Raini, singing to her and she was laughing,


...then he growls and roars and tickles her
and she thinks he's the Greatest Thing Ever!


She lights up and smiles whenever she sees her big brother;
when she laughs at him, he feels like a Super Hero...

[yes, look at how TEENY TINY this spiderman shirt is ;)
 it's a size 3 and he wears a 7! 
but he was dead-set on wearing it this day (stubborn kid!)]

Having two kids is special when they work together to find secret places
 and they think they're working Covert Ops.

As challenged as I feel sometimes,
having two kids has been wonderful!
sweet.
cute.
hilarious.
tender.

4 comments:

The Hughes Family said...

Aw! Thats sweet! I thought two was Easy cuz I had 2 hands and I could hold both of them if i needed too. BUT 3 OMGOSH! It has been a killer. I no longer have hands for all of them. We stay home most of the time because I have to deal with 3 times the fit throwing if i go out. The only place I dont mind going is Walmart because of the popcorn chicken. Popcorn chicken is heaven sent! I can do all my shopping and none of my kids wine...even when we are near the candy cuz they are usually still eating their chicken! Now if only everywhere had popcorn chicken....

Devri said...

Ok So guess what.. My transition from one to two was the hardest. But also to tell you the truth, at 5 was pretty hard also.. but now I have 7, I could have 20 and it wouldn't make a difference. btw-lol on the spidy shirt! Elaisi does the same thing. oh well! :D

Michael and Natalia said...

I wasn't rolling my eyes :) I LOVED this post! It made me want to write about my kids too. You are such a fun Mom - sweet, cute, HILARIOUS and tender.

Sue said...

double duty..double the pleasure.


One of my greatest joys was having twins..was it hard? I felt like I was in kiddie prison for about 4 years.